Training is an essential part of good asbestos management. Our course provides essential information at minimal cost.
Asbestos Awareness Training
Riverside offers asbestos awareness training which encompasses the core knowledge required for each individual to apply due diligence in their job role.
This half day seminar is designed for businesses that wish to increase their level of knowledge with minimal cost and effect on resources.
We can come to your site or provide training at our offices in Hextable, Kent.
- What is Asbestos & Health Hazards (From ‘Natures wonder fibre to a Hidden Killer’; Types of asbestos, asbestos related deaths, asbestos related diseases, risk perception - past, present & future.)
- Asbestos in Buildings (Uses, types & Identification of asbestos containing materials in buildings and plants during routine maintenance work, typical locations of asbestos ontaining materials, risks in relation to types of asbestos containing materials.)
- Legislation (CAR 2012, Hazardous Waste Regulations 2005, Risk assessments, control limits, approved codes of practice & guidances,)
- Management of asbestos in buildings (Regulation 4 - Duty to manage asbestos)
- Roles and responsibilities (client, employer & employee duties)
- Emergency Procedures – In the event of accidental damage & uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace or finding damaged asbestos.
The course is delivered by power point presentation and certificates of attendance can be provided on completion.
- What is Asbestos & Health Hazards
- Asbestos in Buildings
- Management of Asbestos in Buildings
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Emergency Procedures
Asbestos is the single greatest cause of work-related deaths in the UK causing diseases which result in around 4000 deaths a year. HSE